Tomato Sandwich with Clover, Red Onion, & Raw Cheese
A guest post from our customer Jenni!
I can’t get over how SCRUMPTIOUS this lunch was! It made for such a beautiful picture that I had to add it to my blog recipes!
For starters, I made a sandwich. Yup. On bread. I don’t use a lot of bread at home because we mostly try to avoid gluten and grains, but sprouted grains are a great exception to that rule, and I LOVE a good tomato sandwich!
- Start with sprouted Ezekiel bread
- Spread on some soy-free Veganaise (mine is organic and vegan)
- Add fresh organic tomato slices (I used four thin ones)
- Sprinkle on some finely shredded red onion
- Add thick slices of raw cheddar cheese
- Pile on some sprouts (I used clover — it’s sweet and crunchy)
- Smush your sandwich together, cut, and enjoy
As a snack, I added a few rainbow carrots and raw, organic almond butter (crunchy, of course) on the side. And I served this up with a glass of probiotic lemonade for a tart but refreshing beverage.