Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers
A guest post from food blogger Ali:
When you have a lot of veggies in the house you get creative! Thanks to my weekly box from Space Girl Organics I’m enjoying making more vegetarian meals. Hubby gave these veggie burgers a big thumbs up and that’s a miracle coming from my meat eating man. I love being able to cut some meat from our diets and still make him happy. Plus it’s great for my budget!
Makes 10 large Veggie Burgers
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 can of black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup walnuts or 1/2 cup flax meal
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- Fresh parsley
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach (or I also like, 1 cup broccoli and 1/2 of a cooked sweet potato)
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husks (or other binder’s like Chia and flax )
- 1 tablespoon Italian spices
- Dash gluten free Tamari
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon gluten free chili powder
- 1 tablespoon gluten free curry powder
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Lawry’s seasoning salt, to taste.
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, reserved
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, reserve 2 tablespoons for browning
- Put everything except the reserved brown rice in the food processor. Pulse until thick, slowly adding two tablespoons of the olive oil. I like mine a little chunky.
- Stir in the remaining 2 cups cooked brown rice by hand and form into large patties.
- Brown patties in reserved 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Bake on a greased or lined baking sheet at 350 for 15-20 minutes turning once.
Originally posted on http://glutenfreehomebakery.blogspot.com/