No-Bake Strawberry Shortcake
Yummy! Thank you so much to our guest blogger Rosemarie Ritan, for this healthy sweet little treat. You can’t go wrong with our fresh organic strawberries! .
Here are the materials you’ll need:
a food processor
a high powered blender , (if you don’t have one, a Nutribullet works as well)
- 1 lb pitted fresh dates (more if you like it rich and sweeter)
- 1 c dried mulberries (1/3 cup fresh mulberries makes it more moist)
- 1-2 cps dried figs
- 1 small pinch of vanilla bean (or small drop of vanilla extract)
- 1-2 dashes of cinnamon
Put ingredients in processor and mix until the crust has a cookie dough texture. Add the ingredients into a pie or cake pan. Shape the crust by pushing the ingredients with your fingers.
Now time for the next layer!
*Tip: Use wax paper on the bottom of cake to make slicing easier.
3 pints of strawberries (save some for the topping and glaze)
Crushed walnuts or pecans for a nutty taste
½ small carton of blueberries (optional)
Now for the fun part!
Put a layer of sliced strawberries on the crust
Raw “Cool Whip” ingredients:
- 2 cps coconut water or almond milk
- ½ c raw cashews or 1-2 frozen bananas
- 3 young coconuts’ meat, (you can use ½ of brown coconut’s meat, if young coconuts’ meat isn’t enough)
- For strawberry “Cool Whip”: Add a few strawberries(optl)
Blend all ingredients in high-speed blender. Spread “cool whip” on first strawberry layer. Add second layer of strawberries on top.
Save the best for last 😉
Strawberry glaze ingredients:
- ½ to 1 lb strawberries
- a few fresh, pitted dates
Blend ingredients and spread on top! Add final layer of sliced strawberries on cake. To firm up cake, put in freezer for a couple hours.
Enjoy this healthy “Berrylicious” Dessert with friends and family without feeling any guilt!