Making meatballs is one of my favorite time savers. I make double batches and hold out some for sandwiches the next day and then freeze portions for other dinners during the month. Try them with homemade gluten free cream of mushroom sauce, BBQ sauce or Alfredo sauce or stir them into soups.
Space Girl Organics has a great selection of grass fed meats to choose from and gluten free pasta too!
Gluten Free Grass Fed Meatballs with Red Sauce
- 2 pounds grass fed ground beef
- 2 cloves organic garlic, minced
- 1 cup Gluten Free Bread Crumbs, process 1-2 slices of GF bread in the food processor
- 2 large organic eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated organic Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Just a dash of milk to moisten-opt
- 1 whole organic yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves organic garlic, minced
- 1 whole organic green pepper diced
- 1 28 ounce can organic crushed tomatoes
- 1 small can organic tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cane sugar
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons mixed dried gluten free Italian spices
- Organic Olive Oil
- Gluten Free Spaghetti noodles, Cooked Al Dente
- To make the meatballs, combine meat, garlic, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, eggs, salt, pepper, parsley, and a tiny splash of milk in a mixing bowl. Mix together with hands until just combined. If you mix them too long they become tough. Roll into 25 1 1/2-inch balls and place on a cookie sheet covered with foil.
- Cook meatballs in the oven at 350 degrees for apx 20 min turning a few times until brown while you make the sauce. Remove when done and drain on a paper towel.
- In a large pot on medium, heat a little olive oil and then add the onions and garlic and cook for a few minutes, careful not to burn, until translucent.
- Pour in the tomatoes, paste and salt, pepper, sugar, and spices. Stir to combine and cook over low to medium heat to thicken for apx 30 minutes.
- Add meatballs when done to pot and stir in gently. Reduce heat to a low simmer and cook for 15 minutes, stirring very gently a couple of times.
- Serve over drained cooked spaghetti.
- Sprinkle with extra Parmesan.
Originally posted on glutenfreehomebakery.blogspot.com