Chicken Salad with Zing!
A guest post from our customer Jenni!
Before I share my recipe for the best chicken salad I’ve ever had, I must credit a few people for their help: Dr. Josh Axe gave me the nutritional parameters for getting started (as he often does); my friend Kendra gave me the idea for the zing; and Space Girl Organics gave me the zing-gredients. And it’s the zing that makes all the difference for me with this special recipe.
Chicken Salad with ZING Ingredients
- 2 C. cooked, shredded chicken. (You can get local pastured chicken from Space Girl Organics)
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 large onion, finely chopped
- ZING! Zest and juice of a medium lemon (I like mine very lemon-y so taste it and add more if needed)
- ZING! 2 – 3 T. fresh dill, finely chopped (I like mine very dill-y so taste it and add more if needed)
- 1/4 – 1/2 C. “Mindful Mayo” (or any healthy, vegan mayo alternative of your choice if you’re trying to use healthy fats)
- salt and pepper to taste
Chicken Salad with ZING Recipe
Mix everything together, taste, add more of anything needed, and enjoy with lettuce wraps.